Environmental Services Attendant (West Valley)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Environmental Services Supervisor, cleans and maintains the offices, common areas, casino floor, restrooms and loading dock area.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides excellent and friendly service to all internal/external guests.
* Cleans and shines slot machines/chairs on continued basis, as machines are not being played by guests.
* Cleans, sanitizes, and deodorizes restrooms; replaces soap and paper products. Sweeps and mops as needed.
* Cleans all ashtrays free of cigarette butts and other debris and dispose properly.
* Ensures all areas around slot machines and floors are free of debris and clean at all times.
* Remove trash from Casino, transporting to trash compactor.
* Clean Team Members Dining Room continuously to ensure it is maintained clean throughout shift.
* Sweep and mop hard surface floors.
* Dusts and polishes furniture; cleans offices fixtures.
* Washes windows, window frames, walls, and mirrors.
* Properly cleans and dispose of Bio-Hazard Waste as needed according to OSHA regulations.
* Removes trash from outside trash bins as needed.
* Unclogs lavatories.
* Vacuums all carpets including along baseboards.
* Cleans vents and light fixtures, lift training provided if necessary to receive certification.
* Cleans up any spills that occur.
* Maintains loading dock clean and free of debris.
* Responsible for chemicals, equipment, supplies and key dispensers used within environmental services attendants shift and return to appropriate station after shift ends.
* Removes gum from carpet and hard surface floors, reports to Supervisor for appropriate floor crew to follow up.
* Ensures self services drinking stations are clean at all times.
* Informs supervisor of any defects or repairs needed in buildings.
* Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Knowledge of ongoing casino promotions.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. Previous Custodial, Housekeeping, or Environmental Services experience preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation and obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Knowledge of cleaning equipment.
* Knowledge of environmental services chemicals.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members and guests at all levels.
* Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
* Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Ability to work and finish multiple tasks.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Ability to work independently in assigned area.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The team member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member is required to sit, stand; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift, pull, move or push up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.