Education and Experience:
High School Degree or GED; associates or bachelor degree preferred; five years year experience overseeing environmental services operations; three years in a supervisory capacity; Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
* Knowledgeable of environmental services chemical use and safety measures.
* Knowledgeable of environmental services equipment use and safety measures.
* Knowledge of cleaning procedures and chemical use.
* Knowledgeable of department policies and procedures and posses the ability to enforce.
* Knowledge and ability to supervise and manage up to 120 people.
* Knowledge of ordering, price comparison, and maintaining of custodial supplies and equipment.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards, safe working practices, and safety precautions in accordance with applicable state, county, or federal laws and regulations regarding workplace safety.
* Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
* Ability to work with and assists the Facilities Manager by overseeing the repair, maintenance, and smooth daily operation of all facilities.
* Ability to ensure well-maintained facilities.
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism at all times when interacting with internal and external guests.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in written format.
* Ability to be able to work weekends, holidays and rotate shifts.
* Ability to maintain outstanding, exemplary attendance.
* Ability to complete multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
* Ability to interact with personnel of all levels, vendors and contractors.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and practice the chain of command.
* Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Skill in managing budgets.
* Skill in managing multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines.
* Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
* Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, push and pull. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.