Environmental Services Assistant Manager (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under general supervision of the Environmental Services Manager, ensures the overall cleanliness of the gaming facilities. Manages all Environmental Services functions through supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisors. Responsible for ensuring that department staffing levels are at optimum operating level and that all Environmental Services personnel are properly trained in safety procedures and proper use of equipment used in the workplace. Maintains confidentiality of privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Hires, manages, directs and supervises the Environmental Services staff and directs activities in their individual and department to overall cleanliness of the gaming facilities.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures all inventory is adequately stocked and ordered in a timely manner.
* Ensures that all equipment is working and maintained for safe operational use.
* Ensures environmental services supplies are ordered on a weekly basis.
* Ensures proper and complete staffing coverage of the seven-day, twenty-four hour casino operation.
* Ensures all safety rules and procedures are being followed. Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets and be familiar with OSHA.
* Maintains all environmental services equipment and ensures that they are in good operating order.
* Responsible for ensuring overall environmental services related maintenance is scheduled and performed.
* Responsible for overseeing the repair, maintenance, and cleanliness of all facilities.
* Supervises the Environmental Services Supervisors on daily duties.
* Plans, coordinates and directs daily job tasks or assignments.
* Conducts health and safety programs to prevent injuries and accidents.
* Conducts performance appraisals and disciplinary actions as needed.
* Trains staff and assigns daily tasks to subordinates.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs any position in department as needed.
* Performs other related duties as required or directed.
Education and Experience:
High School Degree or GED plus five (5) years’ experience overseeing environmental services operations, including the care and maintenance of Floor Tech equipment in a property of 200,000 square. ft. or larger; three (3) of the five (5) years must have been in a supervisory capacity. Experience managing a diverse team of 100 or more team members required; Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft, assault, or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
* Knowledgeable of environmental services chemical use and safety measures.
* Knowledgeable of environmental services equipment use and safety measures.
* Knowledgeable of department policies and procedures and posses the ability to enforce.
* Knowledge and ability to supervise and manage up to 120 people.
* Knowledge of ordering, price comparison, and maintaining of custodial supplies and equipment.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards, safe working practices, and safety precautions in accordance with applicable state, county, or federal laws and regulations regarding workplace safety.
* Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
* Ability to work with team members and assist with overseeing the repair, maintenance, and smooth daily operation of all facilities.
* Ability to ensure well-maintained facilities.
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism at all times when interacting with internal and external guests.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in written format.
* Ability to be able to work weekends, holidays and rotate shifts.
* Ability to maintain outstanding, exemplary attendance.
* Ability to complete multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
* Ability to interact with personnel of all levels, vendors and contractors.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and practice the chain of command.
* Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Skill in managing budgets.
* Skill in managing multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines.
* Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
* Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The team member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift, pull, push and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.