Employee Relations Manager
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Employee Relations Sr Manager, is responsible for the day to day oversight of the Employee Relations functions/operations/team at the assigned property of the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE). Responsible to support the strategic direction and input to leadership regarding overall Employee Relations matters. Serves as an impartial source within the organization to provide confidential and/or informed assistance to all levels of team members in resolving work related concerns. The Employee Relation Manager will assist with ensuring that all Employee Relations, Human Resources policies, processes and performance management programs are in alignment with Enterprise vision, mission, and values and are maintained in accordance with established laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Works closely and collaboratively with Employee Relations peers to provide guidance on interpretation of policies and procedures while serving as known expert in subject matter with a broad knowledge and understanding of employee relations best practices and strategies.
* Assists with the administration of progressive discipline policy and procedures.
* Oversees the review and approval of disciplinary performance observations, and requests for team member terminations ensuring property-wide consistency of Casino policies and procedures.
* Responsible for assisting in the resolution of team member performance issues and conflicts to ensure effective and efficient department operation.
* Assists with the investigation of complex or critical Employee Relations issues in a timely and effective manner.
* Assists with conducting investigations, termination review, grievance resolutions, and unemployment related matters.
* Assists with advising TOGE management with job performance and behavioral issues concerning their team members and recommends appropriate courses of action.
* Assists with the review and updating of HR forms, team member handbook and documents.
* Ensures confidentiality of all team members’ records, investigations, and other information.
* Conducts training classes for the Enterprise, related to Policies & Procedures, Human Resources, or Employee Relations management.
* Ensures compliance with HR policies and procedures through mentoring and education.
* Assists with review of team member complaints, grievance procedures, and facilitates conflict resolution in conjunction with other stakeholders.
* Provides assistance with the planning of team member engagement initiatives, and activities including Enterprise-wide reward and recognition programs.
* Manages the coordination of grievance hearings and ensures that hearings are conducted according to direction and standards established by TOGE grievance policy and General Counsel. Provides advice and direction to the TOGE Grievance Committee.
* Oversees the administration of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) all mandatory EAP referrals, and 2nd Chance Program.
* Responsible for compiling and submitting the monthly report of Employee Relations activities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, or related field plus five (5) years employee relations experience to include employee engagement programs and activities. Gaming experience preferred and bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to work flexible schedule as required. Human Resources certifications preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
* Ability to provide strategic direction and input to leadership regarding overall Employee Relations strategies that support the culture, company direction, and the growth needs of the business and its employees.
* Ability to build and maintain influential relationships by being a strategic partner with management and a team member advocate.
* Ability to understand Enterprise policies and practices, employment laws and other regulations to provide advice, guidance on Employee Relations inquiries.
* Ability to offer solutions and recommendations to leadership when root causes of Employee Relations related trends are identified.
* Ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse team member related issues, concerns, situations, etc.
* Must uphold the highest standards with respect to confidentiality.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect.
* Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity and awareness on behalf of a diverse workforce.
* Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
* Exceptional detail and follow-up skills.
* Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to employment.
* Ability to learn and administer company policy and procedures including Indian Preference Policy and Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance rules and regulations.
* Able to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines.
* Must have the ability to learn company’s philosophy on leadership, management and techniques.
* Multi-task oriented.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate with all levels of team members.
* Proficiency with Microsoft computer applications.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service skills at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, holidays and/or weekend work required. Extended hours and irregular shifts required. Travel to all property locations may be required.
Job Reference #: 9999