Employee Relations Associate
Position housed at Desert Diamond West Valley property. (GLENDALE)
Under direct supervision of the Employee Relations Manager, is responsible for coordinating and assisting in the development and implementation of policies, programs and procedures directly and indirectly related to Employee Relations. Assists with the administration of the drug-free workplace drug testing program, including record keeping and provider relations. Extensive interaction with departmental supervisors, managers, team members and public is required.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assists with development and administration of progressive discipline policy and procedures
* Works with Employee Relations Manager to document performance and/or disciplinary issues
* Assists with preparation and coordination of training classes related to policies & procedures, Human Resources, or Employee Relations leadership
* Assists with the planning and implementation of team member engagement initiatives for the Enterprise, including special occasion and recognition events
* Tracks all complaints and concerns brought forth by team members or management
* Tracks all grievances, maintains grievance reports and coordinates grievance hearings
* Maintains Employee Assistance Program (EAP) reports and assists with implementation of 2nd Chance program
* Documents all involuntary terminations consistent with Enterprise policies and procedures
* Maintains a tracking system for all terminations, exit surveys, grievances, unemployment claims, Employee Relations investigations and team member complaints
* Maintains records of all personnel policies and procedures
* Assists with preparation and responses to unemployment requests and tracks all unemployment appeal hearing documents
* Assists with investigations and preparation of final reports
* Under direction of the Employee Relations Manager, prepares reports, emails and other correspondence
* Communicates with the Employee Relations Manager on an on-going basis regarding all employee relations activities
* Performs administrative functions/duties as required to support Employee Relations program
* Maintains a high level of confidentiality
* Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Counseling, Business Administration or related field and four (4) years’ employee relations experience to include employee engagement programs and activities. Gaming experience preferred. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license. Human Resources certifications preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation and obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability and willingness to adapt to changing duties and work schedules as this role may change at any time in accordance with business needs
* Ability to coordinate team member conflicts and related issues, concerns, situations, etc.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
* Ability to uphold the highest standards with respect to confidentiality
* Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect
* Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and awareness on behalf of a diverse workforce
* Ability to maintain composure under pressure
* Exceptional detail and follow-up skills
* Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to employment
* Ability to learn company policy and procedures including Indian Preference Policy (IPP) and Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO) rules and regulations
* Able to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines
* Skill in multi-tasking
* Must be able to communicate with all levels of team members
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient skills in Microsoft computer applications, Kronos and PeopleSoft
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service skills at all times
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may also be required. Travel to all property locations may be required.
Job Reference #: 11439