Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus three years commercial electrical experience as an electrician; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Journeyman Electrician’s License required. Familiar with a Computerized Maintenance Management System. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to maintain a valid AZ driver’s license and be insurable. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of commercial emergency and critical power distribution systems.
* Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Knowledge of the methods and practices used in electrical work.
* Knowledge of electrical systems including planning additions or modification on secondary circuits.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
* Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment.
* Ability to install and maintain motors, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers and transformers.
* Ability to install grounding leads.
* Ability to read commercial electrical blueprints and apply NEC through the full range of commercial and industrial maintenance and construction work.
* Ability to install and maintain motors, welding equipment, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers and transformers.
* Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace and test electrical circuits, equipment and appliance.
* Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers.
* Ability to use hand and power tools.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee regularly is required to climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.