Drop Count Team Member (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Drop Count Supervisor, responsible for the drop count processes.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for opening, removing and securing currency from the slot machines and table games.
* Adheres to all Drop/Count policies and procedures.
* Accurately counts slot machine currency drop and tickets.
* Operates electronic currency counter/sorter and New Wave ticket counter equipment.
* Records currency from each bill acceptor and table game box on the electronic currency counter.
* Prepares and bundles the currency drop for verification.
* Separates slot ticket and currency from gaming machines.
* Prepares and creates various reports on the count and enters into computerized online accounting system.
* Informs supervisors of any discrepancies or variances.
* Ensures area is maintained and clean.
* Complete drop/count during regular shift.
* Maintains confidentially of all information.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED; cash handling experience preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of cash handling techniques.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
* Ability to accurately enter information into computer systems.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to process data, format, and generate reports.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including working in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint) and accounting casino programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a fast paced environment with a high noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.