Drop Count Supervisor (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Drop Count Assistant Manager, oversees the Drop Count process. Ensures compliance with internal controls and production of process documents.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Applies fair and consistent supervision
* Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
* Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
* Assist with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
* Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all TOGE and
departmental policies and procedures.
* Trains, evaluates, rewards, and disciplines subordinate staff.
* Responsible for supervising Drop Count Team Members.
* Participates and directs collection (drop) and count of gaming machine funds and the preparation of documentation paperwork according to published procedures.
* Participates in all activities or duties of the Drop Count team members.
* Removes and secures currency from the gaming machines.
* Oversees opening and securing gaming machines during currency removal process.
* Responsible for accurately counting gaming machine currency drop, tickets, and kiosk count.
* Enforces segregation of duties and assures proper count team periodic rotation.
* Reviews final slot drop count prior to cage transfer.
* Ensures a safe working environment for all Drop Count personnel.
* Obtains, distributes, and monitors return of sensitive keys used for drop.
* Oversees the reporting and follow up of repair and maintenance orders involving gaming machines, ticket scanners and counting equipment. Makes repairs as necessary.
* Ensures compliance with official policies, procedures, and internal controls for soft counts. Responsible for recommending changes to policies and procedures.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Responsible for investigating, reporting and documenting out of the ordinary occurrences or variances to authorized personnel.
* Orders and maintains adequate supplies for daily production through the PeopleSoft system.
* Verifies payroll for Drop/Count team members prior to processing.
* Trains new team members on policies and procedures of Drop Count process.
* Maintains confidentially of all information.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus three (3) years gaming experience in cash handling, one (1) year in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of cash handling techniques.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
* Ability to accurately enter information into computer systems.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to process data, format and generate reports.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including working in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint) and accounting casino programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a fast paced environment with a high noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.