Desert Diamond Casino-Why Sec/Surv Supvr
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino-Why Security/Surveillance Operations Manager, supervises and oversees the security/surveillance staff. Protects the assets of the casino property, guest and team members.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Functions in the capacity of a Desert Diamond Casino-Why Security/Surveillance Officer as a working supervisor.
* Ensures all team members are complying with regulations, ordinance, MICS, gaming compact, policies and procedures.
* Ensures all Security/Surveillance equipment is functioning properly throughout their respective shift.
* Ensures that all video logs and reports are completed by Desert Diamond Casino-Why Security/Surveillance Officers.
* Ensures all gaming irregularities are reported to the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office.
* Ensures all safety inspections are completed and any identified issues are fixed
* Prepares productivity reports, observations reports, trouble reports, and investigation summaries.
* Assists in any internal or external investigations conducted by the Tohono O’odham Gaming Officer or authorized Law Enforcement Agency.
* Responsible for training new Desert Diamond Casino-Why Security/Surveillance Officers.
* Responsible for the protection of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise asset
* Completes performance evaluations of Desert Diamond Casino-Why Security/Surveillance Officers.
* Completes and conducts disciplinary actions when necessary.
* May be assigned the additional duty as an EMT if they are selected and meet the casino certification requirements.
* Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus 5 years surveillance, law enforcement or security experience; 1 year in a supervisory capacity preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of investigative procedures and techniques.
* Knowledge of Policies and Procedures.
* Knowledge of fraud detection.
* Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to operate surveillance equipment.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to analyze information and write reports.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Ability to work in a stressful fast paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to pass the STEP Fitness exam.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.