Desert Diamond Casino-Why Sec/Surv Offc
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino-Why Security/Surveillance Supervisor, responsible for the protection, safeguarding, security and surveillance of the Casino’s assets, personnel, customers and all visitors during their assigned shift.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the protection of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise assets.
- Prepares and submits reports as required, including patrol log.
- Patrols the Casino premises, lobbies, corridors, bar, convenience store, and parking areas.
- Confers with Desert Diamond Casino-Why Security/Surveillance Operations Manager on any detection of infringements or situations worthy of investigation.
- Warns and/or ejects persons from the Casino who are causing a disturbance and may contact local Law Enforcement Agency for assistance.
- Circulates amongst patrons to ensure them that you are there for their safety by being visible.
- Patrols the parking area to observe unauthorized persons and remove them from the area if necessary.
- Cooperates with local Law Enforcement Agencies in apprehending anyone involved in criminal activity.
- Monitors payouts on the tables to ensure that proper amounts are being paid to the customer.
- Monitors the service bar areas to ensure policy and procedures are being followed.
- Performs opening and closing procedures in the Casino areas.
- Provides information and directions to guests.
- Ensures equipment is clean and in working order and that uniforms are clean and complete.
- Responsible for safety operations for the Casino
- Investigates all reports of accident and injury at the Casino and makes findings known to Security Director for proper documentation.
- Ensures tapes and VCRs are recording properly.
- Ensures compliance with departmental standard operating procedural manuals and Casino Policy Manual.
- Provides first aide/CPR until advanced care arrives.
- Ensures departmental daily records are accurate and maintained.
- Provides escorts for guests as needed.
- Escorts personnel in and out of security areas.
- Escorts money exchanges to different areas within the Casino.
- May be assigned the additional duty as an EMT if they are selected and meet the casino certification requirements.
- Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED, and no arrests in the past year except minor traffic violations. Six months security or surveillance experience preferred. Must be 18 years of age. No felony, theft, assault or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
Knowledge of safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices, and public/customer service skills in a Casino environment.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
Ability to operate casino surveillance equipment.
Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
Ability to follow instructions in verbal and written format
Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people.
Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
Ability to exercise independent judgment.
Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
Ability to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
Ability to maintain a clean driving record.
Ability to use good judgment and foresight.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to walk and stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee occasionally is required to taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holiday work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.