|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under the direct supervision of the Room Chef. This position entails using a wide array of cooking techniques to prepare food for enterprise guests, basic skill in meat and fish butchery, basic knowledge of preparation of stocks and sauces, placing stock in proper storage areas, cleaning and maintaining work areas and kitchens, and overall production for all Food & Beverage venues.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Cooks and prepares a variety of foods, quantities, styles, according to the menu and demand of the business.
* Uses and or learns proper knife skills, cooking techniques, cooking methods and terminology.
* Reads, understands and follows standardized recipes when preparing all foods for all food venues and outlets.
* Understands and follows through with all assigned tasks.
* Communicates with Room Chefs.
* Maintains and communicates with Room Chef the foods/products needed to ensure safe par levels and proper stock levels.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Responsible for making sure that all areas of their assigned venue/outlet/kitchen are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
* Ensuring that all venues are completely ready to open by designated time set by management.
* Responsible for all food/storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, and dry storage) are kept clean, organized, labeled and dated.
* Responsible for all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
* Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
* Responsible for being able to communicate well with team members while maintaining a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishing all tasks.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school degree or GED preferred and two years of recent experience as a cook or equivalent combination of recent experience and education. Must be at least 18 years of age. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of kitchen equipment, utensils, tools and machinery.
* Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
* Knowledge of basic sauce and stock making.
* Knowledge of basic butchery techniques.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to be organized and coordinating task amongst co-workers.
* Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
* Knowledge of basic foods and there uses.
* Knowledge of all food safety regulations.
* Ability to learn culinary methods, techniques and principles.
* Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time sometimes in the same place. The job will entail constant communication at all times to communicate where you are and to communicate the task at hand. The job will require you to use your hands constantly for cutting, grabbing, lifting, washing, touching, sensing and holding items. You will be required to walk often at a safe pace. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, steam, second hand smoke, and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by the Executive Chef or Food & Beverage Management.