Construction Manager (West Valley)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Project Development Director, coordinates and administers the construction and delivery of facilities and/or modifications to existing facilities of standard size, scope, and complexity, to include contract preparation, FF&E, MEP, on-site coordination, and quality control, and contract management and final punch lists. Ensures that actual construction results are consistent with approved plans and specifications and are compliant with Tribal, Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for construction projects; assists in providing conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
- Assists in the development and administration of project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; and performs project cost estimating.
- Oversees all aspects of the the day-to-day management of construction projects; monitors and coordinates work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction firms, as well as Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE), Tribal and local entities.
- Reviews and interprets proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or TOGE standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advises Project Development Director, consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results.
- Ensures that project operations are in compliance with design specifications and with Tribal, State, and Federal policies, laws, and regulations.
- Establishes performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that TOGE requirements are being met; assists with preparing project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate.
- Reviews contracts, purchase orders, and change orders prior to issuance, and pre-approves contractor invoices prior to payment.
- Directs work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing TOGE operations.
- In conjunction with the Project Development Director, inspects, approves, and accepts completed projects for the institution, ensuring conformance with TOGE standards, building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
- Researches and prepares various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate.
- Maintains up-to-date construction documents, to include addendums, supplemental architect instructions, and interpretations of drawings and/or specifications; performs general administrative functions, to include file development and maintenance, preparation of correspondence, and coordination of meetings.
- Coordinates with Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) departments to ensure new projects meets their needs.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards, minimizes the exposure and risk and ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and in writing, regarding status of projects and timelines
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Business Administration or related field preferred; 5 years of experience managing construction projects; 3 of the 5 years must be in a supervisory or management capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Gaming experience preferred. Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract documents and specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of building components life cycle values and maintenance requirements.
- Knowledge of the operating practices of construction, architectural, and building firms.
- Knowledge of Tribal, Federal, State, and local building codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Knowledge of general procurement rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of architectural design and planning principles and procedures.
- Technical knowledge of building components and their function.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and present building estimates and feasibility studies.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and/or supervision to architects, structural engineers, and independent building contractors.
- Ability to make operating, administrative, and procedural decisions.
- Ability to perform site inspections and/or approve installations.
- Ability to manage negotiated contractual arrangements.
- Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to travel to all properties and overnight travel when required.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in the use of computers, specifically in a PC, Windows-based operating environment. Familiarity with various software, such as Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, and Work Front.
- Skills in workflow analysis and management.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and taste or hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Some work is performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Travel between TOGE properties and/or other business travel and overnight stays may be required.