Compensation & HRIS Specialist
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Compensation & HRIS Manager, the position will evaluate, analyze and aid in the maintenance of the Enterprise’s compensation program and Human Resources Information System (HRIS). The position performs a variety of moderate to complex technical and professional work in the evaluation, planning, and design of Enterprise-wide compensation programs. The position will maintain the HRIS and ensure data integrity, test system changes, write reports and analyze data flows for process improvement opportunities. The position will support upgrades, patches and other technical projects as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Acts as a partner to the Compensation & HRIS Manager on compensation structures, analysis, design, and market-based adjustments
* Supports the human resources compensation function in the management, tracking and monitoring of compensation programs to ensure compliance and adherence to Enterprise pay philosophy
* Participates in the creation of the compensation strategy
* Responsible for record keeping of team member data/files
* Responsible for the entry of all new hires, changes and terminations within the HRIS system
* Provides suggestions for process improvement regarding team member related scenarios such as the turnover, attendance, changes in the work environment as well as team member incentive that could lead to the retention of team members
* Conducts HR section of New Team Member Orientation and ensures completion of all Federal, State, and Enterprise required forms
* Ensures confidentiality of all team member records, investigations, and other information
* Confirms accuracy and integrity of all data entered, maintains data in HRIS and databases and assures information is available on a timely basis
* Responsible for team member employment verifications and unemployment verifications
* Assists in problem resolution, data entry and maintenance into the HRIS system and other related systems
* Recommends and perform quality control procedures as defined to ensure accurate and compliant records, including records related to promotions, job transfers and new hires
* Promotes team member self-service in compliance with available systems and procedures
* Supports and leads (where appropriate) implementation teams, creates and manages project plans, establishes timelines with key milestones, sets goal and drives project to completion.
* Collaborates with functional users and technical resources to develop and redesign business processes to align with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) functionality
* Actively participates in HRIS enhancement efforts
* Works with benefits and payroll to resolves data/setup/configuration issues or enhancements
* Delivers routine daily/weekly/monthly reporting and responds to basic to intermediate ad hoc data requests
* Conducts data analysis on HR data such as compensation, classification, employment, human relations, and/or benefits data as directed
* Prepares reports, graphs, charts and statistics in support of Human Resources operations
* Supports the job evaluation and job analysis processes for the maintenance of consistent and accurate job descriptions in partnership with departmental leadership
* Collaborates closely with all Departments to provide appropriate assistance in the development and revision of job descriptions
* Models a positive attitude, cooperative team spirit, and high integrity
* Applies an understanding of key legal precedents, policies and practices to protect the interest of the organization, team members and ensure standards are adhered to
* Continuously increases Compensation and Human Resources (HR) knowledge
* Continuously increases HRIS application/tool knowledge by participating in group meetings/conferences
* Assists in coordinating key Human Resources and organizational activities, events, and programs with the direction from Human Resources management
* Clearly presents information both oral and written and effectively listen to others
* Must be able interact effectively with a wide variety of people and vendors
* Effective team player with the ability to collaborate
* Performs other duties as required
Education and Experience:
Associates degree in business or related field plus four (4) years of relevant and direct experience in developing/ maintaining compensation structures, salary surveys, job descriptions, system queries/ reports, and analyzing/ summarizing data; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. SHRM, SPHR, CCP and CAC certifications preferred. Gaming experience preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Advanced proficiency and knowledge of HRIS systems, processes and terminology
* Knowledge and technical expertise in compensation programs and principles
* Knowledge of preparation, development and revisions of job descriptions
* Knowledge of applicant data system and processes related to employment
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of records management.
* Ability to represent the Human Resources department in a professional manner, building respect and confidence in the Human Resources department and the Enterprise
* Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepare reports.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to communicate professionally using business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels
* Advanced skills in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint)
* Skill in analytics, problem solving, and decision making
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may also be required.