Compensation & HRIS Specialist
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Compensation & HRIS Manager, the position will evaluate, analyze and aid in the maintenance of the Enterprise’s compensation program and Human Resources Information System (HRIS). The position performs a variety of moderate to complex technical and professional work in the evaluation, planning, design and administration of Enterprise-wide compensation programs. Provides advice and guidance to the Compensation & HRIS Manager when necessary in regards to Enterprise-wide wage structure design, job architecture, and overall compensation strategy. The position will support with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The position will support upgrades, patches and other technical projects as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Supports strategic development, maintenance and administration of compensation function to ensure programs are fully aligned with the Enterprise strategy, are fiscally responsible, market competitive and support the attraction and retention of high-performing talent.
* Supports the compensation function in the management, tracking and monitoring of compensation programs to ensure compliance and adherence to Enterprise pay philosophy.
* Acts as an advisor and partner to Compensation Director on compensation structures, analysis, design, and market-based adjustments.
* Identifies relevant labor markets, economic trends and legal updates regarding compensation matters and presents recommendations.
* Supports the job evaluation and job analysis processes for the maintenance of consistent and accurate job descriptions in partnership with departmental leadership.
* Recommends and documents best practices and compensation process improvements.
* Conducts Annual Enterprise Job Description Revision for Departments.
* Collaborates closely with all Departments to provide appropriate assistance in the development and revision of job descriptions.
* Supports and leads (where appropriate) implementation teams, creates and manages project plans, establishes timelines with key milestones, sets goal and drives project to completion.
* Participates in the creation of the compensation strategy.
* Responsible for updating current test scripts if necessary as well as developing new test scripts for HRIS upgrades.
* Collaborates with functional users and technical resources to develop and redesign business processes to align with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) functionality.
* Actively participates in HRIS enhancement efforts.
* Works with benefits and payroll to resolves data/setup/configuration issues or enhancements.
* Supports the troubleshooting of technical issues.
* Manages data extracts to external benefit vendors.
* Maintains awareness of current HRIS trends.
* Continuously increases Compensation and Human Resources (HR) knowledge
* Continuously increases HRIS application/tool knowledge by participating in group meetings/conferences.
* Participates in other HRIS related projects as necessary.
* Confirms accuracy and integrity of all data entered, maintains data in HRIS and databases and assures information is available on a timely basis.
* Performs group data updates, exports, imports, clean-ups, and researches/reports on any data discrepancies.
* Delivers routine daily/weekly/monthly reporting and responds to basic to intermediate ad hoc data requests.
* Conducts data analysis on HR data such as compensation, classification, employment, human relations, and/or benefits data as directed.
* Prepares reports, graphs, charts and statistics in support of Human Resources operations.
* Clearly presents information both oral and written and effectively listen to others. * Must be able interact effectively with a wide variety of people and vendors.
* Effective team player with the ability to collaborate.
* Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills, ability to innovate and think creatively.
* Must be proactive, resourceful, and solution oriented.
* Proven ability to work independently with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work with strong attention to detail.
* Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree plus 4 years compensation/HRIS related experience or relevant Human Resources experience including benchmarking, salary surveys, job descriptions, developing and running queries, analyzing and summarizing data, or equivalent combination of education and experience. SHRM, SPHR and CCP certifications preferred. Gaming experience preferred. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of HR processes and terminology.
* Advanced proficiency in Excel.
* Strong speaking and presentation skills.
* Knowledge and understanding of compensation principles, pay practices, procedures, and documentation.
* Knowledge and technical expertise in compensation programs and principles.
* Knowledge of preparation and writing job descriptions.
* Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to Compensation.
* Knowledge of computerized human resources systems
* Excellent math, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Executes and coordinates office operations such as office meetings, conferences, workshops, appointments, and/or special events.
* Prepares or directs preparation of minutes, notices, manuals, agendas, and correspondence with all supporting documentation, requiring application of specialized knowledge of the assigned function.
* Knowledge of principles, practices and standards of human resource administration in assigned area.
* Knowledge of human resource information systems.
* Knowledge of database maintenance basic concepts.
* Skill in both verbal and written communication.
* Skill in problem solving and decision making.
* Ability to demonstrate close attention to detail.
* Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepare reports.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to represent the Enterprise in a professional manner, building respect and confidence in the department and the Casino.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.