Compensation & Benefits Specialist
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Compensation & Benefits Manager, provides a variety of routine and complex administrative, technical and professional work in analyzing and administering benefits and compensation program while maintain a high level of confidentiality. Serves as a resource, subject matter expert and day-to-day administrator of team member and vendor issues associated with our health & welfare programs, as well as the 401k Retirement Program. Provides advice and guidance to team members on team member benefits and assists in the design and review of benefit and compensation plans. Coordinates efforts related to creation and revision of Enterprise job descriptions.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Administers the Job Description Organizational Chart revision process, by completing job descriptions revisions as well as reviewing and updating Departmental organizational charts.
* Conducts research and analysis of job descriptions within salary market and assists in placement within the Enterprise compensation structure.
* Ensures proper updates and job description changes are tracked accordingly.
* Maintains communication with Management, Compliance, and TOGO to obtain the proper Job Description approvals.
* Conducts Annual Enterprise Job Description Revision for Departments.
* Communicates closely with Departments to provide appropriate assistance in the development and revision of job descriptions.
* Responsible for the implementation, communication and administration of the benefit programs.
* Partners with vendors to respond to issues as they arise.
* Facilitates the implementation of programs and/or benefit changes with all key departments.
* Supports and leads (where appropriate) implementation teams, creates and manages project plans, establishes timelines with key milestones, sets goal and drives project to completion.
* Maintains self service on all Benefits.
* Responsible for all aspects the annual benefits enrollment process.
* In partnership with Manager manages the annual benefits renewal process. Tasks include reviewing premium renewal rates, implementing contribution strategy and obtaining all the appropriate information to support the annual enrollment process.
* Participates in the creation of the benefits strategy by collaborating with vendors and outside brokers.
* Proactively identifies opportunities for additional benefit programs or improvements to existing programs, researches viability and makes recommendations.
* Clearly presents information both oral and written and effectively listen to others.
* Must be able interact effectively with a wide variety of people and vendors.
* Effective team player with the ability to collaborate.
* Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills, ability to innovate and think creatively.
* Must be proactive, resourceful, and solution oriented.
* Proven ability to work independently with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work with strong attention to detail Job Specifications.
* Handle daily administration of benefits plans including processing changes and updates in our HRIS, ensuring accuracy and making corrections and adjustments as necessary.
* Work with appropriate personnel to build maintain benefits reports.
* Audit new hire elections before they go into the system.
* Sending eligibility files to carriers and resolve any outstanding issues.
* Ensure timely processing regarding life events.
* Reconcile monthly invoices to HRIS data.
* Coordinates COBRA process with TPA.
* Assists with administration of the 401K plan including team member communications, enrollments, audits, compliance, and documentation.
* Extensive contact with Enterprise team members regarding their benefits and processing of these benefits. Must be able to establish trusting and cooperative relationships due to the confidential nature of information.
* Coordinates the preparation and implementation of communication and educational programs and materials.
* Researches complex, non-routine problems and develops recommendations for resolution.
* Completes market compensation and benefits surveys, and participates in the development of new or revised compensation and benefits policy recommendations.
* Monitors and coordinates the benefit enrollment process for all team members, including new team member orientation and ensures proper enrollment in HRIS and carriers’ enrollment systems.
* Provides individual benefits counseling to team members, as appropriate.
* Administers and monitors the processing of all benefits documentation to ensure compliance with policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements; provides input into the design, implementation, and/or modification of documentation, as appropriate.
* Assists with the development and implementation of Enterprise wide wellness programs, including health fairs and related events (including developing specific initiatives such as biometric events, increasing use of preventative measures, etc) with the goal of promoting health lifestyles for team members and to reduce health related expenses.
* Compiles, analyzes, and reconciles financial and statistical data, and generates a range of individual and group financial and statistical reports for clients, benefits providers, management, and other constituencies.
* Participates in planning and coordinates the implementation of periodic benefits open enrollment programs for team members, including the development of content materials.
* Reconciles the benefits billings; resolves billing issues, prepares notifications and collects contributions or distributes payments where necessary from team members.
* Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Coordinate disability process and payments
* Manages leave programs including FML and non-FML leaves of absence, including contact with Team Members, reporting and tracking.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree plus four years of benefits and compensation coordination or relevant Human Resources experience required, including developing programs, direct interaction with team members and compliance with legal issues or equivalent combination of education and experience. CEBS, PHR, SPHR or CBP certification preferred. Gaming experience preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions allowed. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge and understanding of employee benefits principles, practices, procedures, and documentation.
* Knowledge of preparation and writing job descriptions.
* Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to employee benefits, COBRA, and IRS Section 125, FMLA, Workers Compensation and 401(k).
* Knowledge of open enrollment systems and procedures.
* Knowledge of insurance carrier procedures and requirements.
* Knowledge of computerized human resources and payroll systems
* Knowledge of compensation principles.
* Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
* Ability to analyze and develop creative solutions to complex benefits issues.
* Knowledge of billing and collection procedures.
* Ability to show initiative and continually seek improvement in results.
* Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic mathematics.
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment, by being highly organized and able to perform in a very fast paced environment, proactively anticipating issues and executing for results.
* Ability to make evaluative judgments.
* Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepare reports.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to represent the Human Resources department in a professional manner, building respect and confidence in the HR department and the Casino.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Skill in operating business computers, in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.