Chief Operations Officer
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under general direction of the Chief Executive Officer, responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of Tohono O'odham Gaming Enterprise. Assists the Chief Executive Officer in the aggressive and successful growth of the company.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office, AZ State Compact requirements and National Indian Gaming Compliance standards.
* Provides administrative direction to ensure that all operations, and management activities and initiatives are consistent with the strategic, operational, and fiscal needs and objectives.
* Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives; recruits, employs, trains, supervises, and evaluates unit staff.
* Plans, develops, and implements strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the organization.
* Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
* Represents to various divisions as well as externally to the media, governmental agencies, prospective funding agencies and individuals, prospective vendors, and/or a range of constituencies within the community at large.
* Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
* Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the organization that adopts mission and core values of the company.
* Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
* Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
* Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
* Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
* Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
* Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of operations management.
* Ability to establish and implement cohesive and synergistic business strategies on an institution-wide basis.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Knowledge of real estate management principles and techniques.
* Knowledge and understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives.
* Knowledge of gaming regulations.
* Knowledge of multiple department’s management.
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
* Knowledge and understanding of the principles, processes, and requirements for strategic planning.
* Organizational planning, structuring, and staffing skills.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Employee development and performance management skills.
* Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
* Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
* Advanced leadership skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple programs and initiatives.
* Knowledge of policies and procedures, regulations and bylaws, and the legal environment within which they operate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 10757