Casino Host (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Executive Casino Host and Executive Casino Host (Latin Market), the Casino Host is responsible for developing and delivering an environment that creates excitement for internal and external guests, promoting and coordinating programs, activities and special events to attract mid-level and high limit guests, as well as develop and establish relationships with guests and encourage property loyalty, repeat visits, all while exhibiting the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprises (TOGE) Core Values of delivering outstanding guest service and guest satisfaction.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Tracks, analyzes and manages win and losses to determine "comp-worth" and reinvestment values.
* Develops player relationships to minimize player defection, which directly affects the re-acquisition rate of the casino, therefore influencing the overall profitability of the entire organization, utilizing player tracking systems to analyze player profitability.
* Generates and analyzes player evaluation reports and maintains player profiles to make cost effective complimentary and amenity decisions.
* Assists casino staff in a professional manner in order to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
* Enrolls new potential Very Important Person (VIP) level guests into the player tracking system using appropriate procedures.
* Provides quality players with hospitality arrangements and complimentary items, including, but not limited to, food, lodging, retail, and concert/sport event tickets within the guidelines established by Management.
* Creates and analyzes player profitability as well as other benchmark reports to track and measure their individual productivity, as well as player re-investment values.
* Addresses and facilitates all challenging guest interactions and escalates mid to high end guest disputes to the Executive Casino Host, Player Development Manager, and/ or Manager on Duty.
* Circulates about the casino floor while interacting and communicating with both new and existing guests in an effort to increase the database while building guest relations and providing superior guest service.
* Develops, maintains and increases a detailed player list in order to build guest loyalty, increase guest visits, maximize player potential and ensure guest satisfaction; using both verbal and written communication to establish a strong relationship with casino guests.
* Prepares various reports as assigned by management, documenting all guest interactions, communications, and feedback to ensure all professional responsibilities and requirements have been satisfactorily achieved.
* Maintains a thorough knowledge of all property and community activities, promotions and special events.
* Actively assists in promoting all casino events, activities and promotions to both internal and external guests, on and off property and throughout the community.
* Understands and follows casino and departmental policies and procedures.
* Uses relationship building skills to act effectively as a liaison between casino guests, casino management, casino operations and local vendors or agencies.
* Provides feedback to management as to budget, operating policies and procedures.
* Tracks guests play in Player Tracking systems and manages contact with mid to high end guests.
* Must exhibit superior judgment and decision making with regard to guest interaction, re-investment value, company guidelines, personal conduct, behavior and appearance.
* Responsible for justifying all complimentary amenities extended to casino guests.
* Greets groups brought in by buses or marketing as they arrive at the casino, and assists them through the Player’s Club enrollment process, as well as explaining the benefits of the players club and the compensation benefits affiliated with the card.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Routinely assists with all casino functions, events, promotions and activities both on and off casino property regardless of schedule.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 5 years guest service experience; or 2 years’ experience in a commission-based sales environment. Gaming experience preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to demonstrate strong understanding and knowledge of Slot games and Table Game operations, while meeting the demands of a fast- paced environment by applying solid judgment and the ability to multi-task.
* Ability to identify and cultivate new casino guests by utilizing all available marketing tools provided by casino management.
* Ability to develop a strong return visit guest base through multiple personal contact options.
* Ability to establish and expand their player database by creating special guest functions, services and activities.
* Ability to effectively communicate and develop close relationships with department managers, acting as a liaison between the guest and the casino.
* Ability to make good judgment calls and decisions as the position is responsible for significant financial compensation to all casino guests, as well as individually determining the profitability of each casino guest.
* Ability to resolve guest complaints.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write efficiently in English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to apply mathematical skills.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Ability to travel.
* Superior organizational skills with ability to handle many projects at one time.
* Ability to manage the physical environment, themselves, and their guests.
* Knowledge of casino reinvestment practices and player tracking systems
* Knowledge of cash handling.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations, promotions, and marketing in a guest service oriented environment.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk the casino floor. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings are required.