Carpenter (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, responsible for the general carpentry maintenance, repair and remodeling of all casino facilities, grounds and equipment.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Receives work orders, coordinates project activities with Project Coordinator, delegates tasks to maintenance personnel, when applicable to assigned work orders; determines equipment materials, tools and supplies required per task.
* Prepares carpentry cost estimates for a project or task; fills out work orders and purchase orders for required materials, supplies and equipment; maintains inventory records concerning assigned trucks and equipment and material; maintains time and attendance records.
* Performs necessary calculations in estimating materials, supplies and manpower requirements, i.e., measuring distances and square footage, measuring angles and heights, figuring quantities and coverage.
* Performs skilled carpentry installation tasks including, but not limited to, interior wallboard, exterior siding, access ramps, porches, steps, flooring, sub-flooring, doors, windows, ceilings, baseboards, roofing and trim.
* Performs maintenance, servicing, remodeling, and repair tasks on interior and exterior facilities and structures, to include refurbishing existing furniture items, i.e., desks, tables, cabinetry.
* Ensures proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment, tools, materials, and vehicles utilized per work site, ensures adherence to principles and practices of safe use and operation of equipment, tools, materials, and vehicles.
* Oversees and participates in clean up and work site restoration activities, i.e., cleaning flooring, replacing furniture, wiping down surfaces.
* Reviews drawings, blue prints, sketches and/or related specifications outlining project tasks and sequencing; may develop design specifications as directed.
* Responds to and takes appropriate actions in the event of emergency or critical incidents, i.e., fires, flooding or other emergencies.
* Attends mandatory training.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus three (3) years experience as a carpenter; Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Knowledge of the methods and practices used in carpentry work.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
* Ability to read commercial blueprints and apply NEC through the full range of commercial and industrial maintenance and construction work.
* Ability to use appropriate tools to repair, and install carpentry work.
* Ability to use hand and power tools.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member regularly is required to climb or balance; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.