Cage Supervisor (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Cage Shift Manager, supervises Cage activities of the department by monitoring, performing, training, supervising the cashiers.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Applies fair and consistent supervision.
* Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
* Assists cashiers in buys and all even exchanges with the Cage area.
* Assist with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
* Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
* Assists Cashiers in reconciliation during opening and closing.
* Assists in training Cashiers of new/proper procedures of each window and cross-trains new team members.
* Assists in guests needs while supervising the Cashiers.
* Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all TOGE and
Departmental policies and procedures.
* Supervises cage cashiers and performs procedures to ensure transactions are properly completed.
* Completes daily deposits.
* Ensures balancing of all cash banks.
* Verifies daily soft count drop to main bank when cashier is unavailable.
* Monitor and maintains kiosk and ATM status and balances.
* Services Kiosk and ATM to include full balancing midpoint adjustments, adding or decreasing currency, and the overall upkeep of supplies and maintenance.
* Makes change for guests and exchange coin/chip for cash.
* Verifies cashier’s bank if a variance exists.
* Safeguards Casino assets.
* Maintains excellent guest and team member relations.
* Complies with federal cash reporting requirements.
* Troubleshoots coin and currency counting equipment problems.
* Monitors Cashiers training needs and provides feedback to Cage Manager.
* Contacts a team member of the Blackjack pit to inform them of large blackjack transactions at the Cage.
* Completes End of Month Cash Inventory counts and reports for Cage Managers and Accounting.
* Initiates investigations of variances.
* Verifies daily paperwork for completion and accuracy.
* Completes Cashier annual performance review.
* Generates weekly work schedules of cashiers.
* Orders supplies with Administrator.
* Cleans Jet Scans and other cage equipment when necessary.
* Maintains excellent communication with team members and Managers.
* Documents and informs Shift Manager of all incidents or disputes relating to guest, team member and inter-departments.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Counsels and mentors cashiers on performance.
* Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guests at all times.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus four (4) years of experience in the cash handling and customer service field, two (2) of the four (4) years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity in a gaming facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience or a minimum of two (2) years Gaming Cage Cashier experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft, assault or stealing convictions. Candidate must pass a basic Bank Teller/Money Handling Test. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications
* Knowledge and proficient in basic mathematics.
* Knowledge of cashier’s cage operations and of applicable laws on cage operations.
* Knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Title 31 Regulations pertaining to the Casino Cage.
* Ability to become familiar with all cage functions and available to work all shifts.
* Ability to supervise staff.:
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Skill in problem solving and sound decision-making.
* Skill in typing and 10-key operation.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Ability to provide presentations to a large group setting.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the casino cage area with exposure to second-hand smoke, currency dust particles, and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.