Cage Manager (WV)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Responsible for the Cage operations. Accountable for accurate accounting of activities within Cage operations such as cash movement to and from the Cage, maintaining cash inventories for the Casinos, documenting transactions within the Cage and adhering to all applicable regulations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, staffing, reviewing and termination of all Cage personnel.
* Supervises, trains and directs work of Cage Shift Managers.
* Assessment of Cage operation duties, processes, and other functionality. Implements changes need to continue to improve on quality and efficiency.
* Ensures effective scheduling for 24-hour coverage.
* Oversees the daily operation of the Casino Cage.
* Responsible for maintaining adequate cash and chip inventory to ensure Casino Cage and other gaming department’s needs.
* Monitor the daily reconciliation of all operating revenue banks and vault bankroll.
* Maintains cash inventory to ensure compliance with bankroll formula.
* Responsible for the verification of soft count funds brought into the vault on a daily basis.
* Approves purchase requisitions for the Cage operations.
* Submits Personnel Requisitions for vacated positions.
* Oversees the revenue reports prepared from all documentation turned into the vault from all revenue departments.
* Reviews monthly overages and shortages of Cage Operations and produces monthly report.
* Responsible for producing and controlling departmental budget and cost projections.
* Interprets, understands, enforces and complies with personnel and Cage policies and procedures and all gaming regulations.
* Verifies cash turn-in from other departments, various types of cash payouts, and cashier banks.
* Prepares various revenue reports and daily bank deposits.
* Performs various Cage functions of all positions.
* Conducts Cage staff meetings and updates staff on any changes in policies and procedures.
* Ensures accuracy of all transactions.
* Performs all duties in compliance with Casino personnel and Cage policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
* Coordinates changes to online Vault program to Accounting and IT Administration to ensure the integrity of Cage accountability.
* Coordinates, plans, and implements annual department goals.
* Responds in writing and implements preventive measure to address department deficiencies as reported in Audit findings.
* Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Reviews and prepares analytical reports for monitoring Cage activities; kiosk activity, ATM activity, variance reports and procedural violations.
* Required to test and pass quarterly Title 31 testing.
* Maintains excellent customer and employee-to-employee relations.
* Performs all duties, responsibilities, and requirements such as Cage exchange and payouts.
* Maintains confidentiality of all Casino Operations data.
* Verifies and reviews weekly timesheets.
* Maintains log of chips and mutual prize checks for the entire Casino.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus three years experience in the cash handling and customer service field, two of which must have been in management capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge and proficient in intermediate mathematics.
* Ability to become familiar with all Cage functions and available to work all shifts.
* Skill in supervising assigned staff.
* Skill in cashier’s Cage operations and of applicable laws on Cage operations.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Skill in problem solving and sound decision-making.
* Skill in typing and 10-key operation.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino Cage area with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.