Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED plus one year experience in electronics or Cage machine mechanics; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of kiosk/ATM mechanical functions and other Cage machines.
- Knowledge of basic manual hand tool and repair methods.
- Knowledge of electronically mechanical troubleshooting of electronics.
- Ability to work odd hours and be on call for emergency purposes.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to follow instructions and to abide by department and Casino policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, specifically Word and Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.