Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus one year experience as a cashier or bank teller; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge and proficient in basic mathematics.
* Ability to become familiar with all cage functions.
* Skill in cashier’s cage operations and of applicable laws on cage operations.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Skill in problem solving and sound decision-making.
* Skill in typing and 10-key operation.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino cage area with exposure to second-hand smoke, currency dust particles and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.