Cage Cashier (West Valley) (Part Time)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Cage Supervisor, operates and performs cash and currency transactions for casino guests at a service window.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides excellent guest service to internal and external guests, maintains excellent team member relations.
* Safeguards casino assets.
* Counts and verifies all cash/coin/chip transactions in the cage.
* Makes change for guests and exchange coin/chip for cash.
* Issues banks, remake banks, replenish change for all departments.
* Performs fills for Table Games and pays out jackpots to electronic gaming devices.
* Performs all duties, responsibilities, and requirements such as redemption, vault/main bank, check cashing, credit card transactions, cage exchanges, and payouts.
* Services ATM and Kiosk machines to include adding or decreasing currency.
* Complies with federal cash reporting requirements.
* Complies with internal controls/policies and procedures as they pertain to this position.
* Maintains accurate cage cash transmittal forms.
* Reports currency counting equipment problems.
* Maintains confidentiality of all Casino operation data.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guests at all times.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus one (1) year experience as a cashier or bank teller. Candidate must pass a basic Bank Teller/Money Handling Test. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft, assault or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge and proficient in basic mathematics.
* Ability to carry out mathematical computations.
* Ability to become familiar with all cage functions.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in Basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Skill in cashier’s cage operations and of applicable laws on cage operations.
* Skill in problem solving and sound decision-making.
* Skill in typing and 10-key operation.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the casino cage area with exposure to second-hand smoke, currency dust particles and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.