Busser I (West Valley) - Steak & Seafood/Italian/Cafe/Sports Bar
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of Food & Beverage Supervisor, Busser I set tables with clean linens and silverware and remove soiled dishes, glassware and silverware from the tables. Secondary responsibilities include proper maintenance and cleaning of side stations, floors, furniture, and restrooms, perform other duties as assigned. Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law), and Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) alcohol training as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for efficient stocking of all items needed for service in the server side stations.
* Responsible for training new team members.
* Responsible for proper clearing of soiled plates, glassware, silverware, and shell baskets to dish stations by running bus carts to kitchen to be emptied, cleaned and returned to the side stations immediately.
* Tends to guests, responds to any additional requests, and is knowledgeable of the service standards and properly followed.
* Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Food & Beverage. Ensures that all Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all TOGE, tribal, City, State and Federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Maintains side stations, including floors, in a sanitary and organized manner.
* Properly operates bus carts in a safe and sanitary manner when maneuvering through the kitchen area and dining room.
* Properly clears dirty plates, glasses, silverware, napkins, food and beverage debris from tables, chairs and bases.
* Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire work area.
* Properly performs all opening, running and closing Busser side work.
* Properly clears all surfaces on tables within 5 minutes of guests’ departure.
* Responsible for properly re-setting dining room tables in accordance with the tabletop standard.
* Polishes silverware, glassware, and prepares for use.
* Completes side work assigned by Food & Beverage Management.
* Maintains good communication skills with team members and guests and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Recognizes that each team member is a representative of the casino and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect and sensitivity to the needs of every person (guests and team members).
* Provides a positive dining experience for guests.
* Performs any and all other duties as assigned including, but not limited to the following: seating guests, bussing and setting tables, and keeping the floor clear of debris.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Displays, supports and reinforces Desert Diamond Casino’s Spirit of Service Standards.
* Travel between Desert Diamond Casino properties may be needed.
* Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy.
* Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require team members to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED preferred plus some experience in the restaurant, kitchen or dining area field. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations.
* Knowledge of food service.
* Strong communication skills, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Knowledge in demonstrating outstanding guest service at all times.
* Knowledge in servicing guests in a professional manner; ability to maintain a professional appearance.
* Knowledge of internal controls and commitment to follow, consistently.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to successfully pass Busser I Skill Set testing.
* Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in kitchen areas, banquet areas with exposure to heat, cold, fumes, steam, second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.