Beverage Server III (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Beverage Server III maintains efficient and courteous beverage operations by greeting guests, anticipating guest’s needs, providing knowledgeable drink service, and providing consistent professional guest service with a positive upbeat personality. Must have extensive knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law). Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) alcohol training as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Become familiar with spirits, wine, champagne and cocktails.
* Become familiar with drink prices and proper measurement.
* Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Food & Beverage. Ensures that all Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all TOGE, tribal, City, State and Federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Serves alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages to casino guests and ensures that legal drinking age are followed and complies with all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and TOGE alcohol controls.
* Learns Point of Sale (POS) system, and learns how to compute bills and accept payments served to guests, must have basic math skills.
* Learns standard service techniques created for position be learned and must be followed consistently.
* Provides excellent guest service by continually checking on guests and respond to guest requests.
* Keeps the casino in a clean and safe environment by continually cleaning the ashtrays, sweeping floors and discarding empty containers.
* Keeps the service tables and floors clean.
* Adheres to all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and TOGE internal controls.
* Serves customers in a responsive, caring, prompt, and courteous manner.
* Must have high energy and motivated personality.
* Operates the POS cash register.
* Stocks service station.
* Monitors guests to ensure that they are not intoxicated and proper procedures are followed if intoxication is observed.
* Knows information regarding all Food and Beverage outlets/casino promotions and have ability to inform guests when asked.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Maintains proper attendance in accordance with casino policy.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Works closely with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of service for our guests.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Displays, supports and reinforces Desert Diamond Casino’s Spirit of Service Standards.
* Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require team members to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High school degree or GED preferred. Recent experience in the restaurant field as a server, host or bartender preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and guest service.
* Knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) regarding alcohol service and assertive in the enforcement of said alcohol law.
* Knowledge of cash handling.
* Knowledge of bar items, liquors, and pricing.
* Knowledge of POS system.
* Knowledge of internal controls and commitment to follow, consistently.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to successfully pass Beverage Server III skill set testing.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in Basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure at a fast pace are essential.
Work is generally performed in a bar and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by Food & Beverage Management.