Beverage Server III - PT (West Valley)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Bar Manager, Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Beverage Server III maintains efficient and courteous beverage operations by greeting guests, anticipating guests needs, providing knowledgeable drink service, and providing consistent professional guest service with a positive upbeat personality. Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow all alcohol beverage policy guidelines as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with spirits, wine, champagne and cocktails.
- Become familiar with drink prices and proper measurement.
- Learns and follows all Title 4/Desert Diamond Casino Alcohol controls. Serves alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages to casino guests and ensures that legal drinking age is followed.
- Learns POS system, and learns how to compute bills and accept payments served to guests, must have basic math skills.
- Provides excellent guest service by continually checking on guests.
- Keeps the Casino in a clean and safe environment by continually cleaning the ashtrays, sweeping floors and discarding empty containers.
- Keeps the service tables and floors clean.
- Adheres to all state liquor laws and companies internal controls.
- Serves customers in a responsive, caring, prompt, and courteous manner.
- Responds to guests requests.
- Must have high energy and motivated personality.
- Operates the POS cash register.
- Stocks service station.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire work area.
- Learns standard service techniques created for position be learned and must be followed consistently.
- Monitors guests to ensure that they are not intoxicated and proper procedures are followed if intoxication is observed.
- Knows information regarding all Food and Beverage outlets/Casino Promotions and have ability to inform guests when asked.
- Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of service for our guests.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy.
- Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require team members to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High school degree or GED preferred, plus recent experience in the restaurant field as a server, host or bartender preferred. Must be 19 years of age or older. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, tips certification, Food Handlers certification, successfully pass cash handling training, obtain and maintain gaming license; to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and guest service.
- Knowledge of State Laws regarding Alcohol service and assertive in the enforcement of said alcohol law.
- Knowledge of cash handling.
- Knowledge of bar items, liquors, and pricing.
- Knowledge of POS system.
- Knowledge of internal controls and commitment to follow, consistently.
- Ability to successfully pass Beverage Server III skill set testing.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure at a fast pace are essential.
Work is generally performed in a Bar and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by Food & Beverage Management.