Bar Back (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Bar Manager and Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Venue Manager, maintains efficient and courteous beverage operations by greeting guests, anticipating guests’ needs, providing knowledgeable drink service when necessary, and providing consistent professional guest relations with a positive upbeat personality. Restocks all bar aspects, operates service well when needed, and acts as a bartender assistant. Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) alcohol training as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Transports beer and products to the bar from stored location.
* Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Food & Beverage. Ensures that Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all TOGE, tribal, City, State and Federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Learns and effectively operates the keg systems and replaces empty beer kegs.
* Stocks liquor, beer, and bar supplies on a continual basis.
* Follows all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law).
* Follows all internal controls of the casino.
* Empties trash and helps ensure cleanliness of bar area.
* Maintains good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Maintains proper attendance in accordance with casino policy.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Serves guests in a responsive, caring, prompt, and courteous manner.
* Responds to guest requests.
* Must possess outgoing personality.
* Position requires that standard service techniques created for position be learned and must be followed consistently.
* Monitors guests to ensure that they are not intoxicated and proper procedures are followed if intoxication is observed.
* Knows information regarding all Food and Beverage outlets/Casino Promotions and have ability to inform guest when asked.
* Works closely with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of service for our guests
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Displays, supports and reinforces Desert Diamond Casino’s Spirit of Service Standards.
* Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require team members to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Recent experience in the restaurant or bar field preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft, or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Must have high energy and motivated personality.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
* Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in Basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to change out Co2 tanks.
* Knowledge bar maintenance operations and guest service.
* Knowledge of bar items and liquor pricing
* Knowledge of bar operations and guest service.
* Knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) regarding Alcohol service and assertive in the enforcement of said alcohol law.
* Knowledge of cash handling.
* Knowledge of internal controls and commitment to follow, consistently.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk, push and pull. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member will frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Physical stamina and proper attitude to work under pressure at a fast pace are essential.
Work is generally performed in a bar and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by Food & Beverage Management.