Banquet Server- Part Time
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Assistant Banquet Manager, takes food and beverage orders from the guests, prepares the beverages ordered and serves the guest. Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws, TOGE alcohol training as well as all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* May presents menus, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service to patrons.
* Performs cash register duties as needed.
* Provide a positive dining experience for guests according to brand standards.
* Serves courses from the kitchen and service bar areas.
* Tends to patrons, responds to any additional requests, and determines when a meal had been completed.
* Keeps floors and work area clean.
* Sets up for events and strike/reset after the event.
* Takes orders and prepares beverages for guests.
* Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire work area.
* Performs any and all other duties as assigned including, but not limited to the following: seating guests, bussing and setting table, and keeping the floor clear of debris.
* Maintains good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Works in other areas of food and beverage as needed.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Degree or GED preferred, plus1 year recent experience in Food & Beverage tableside service and/or bartending preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and guest service.
* Knowledge of all menu items including entrees, side dishes, beverages and deserts.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to service guest in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
* Skill in providing excellent guest service.
* Skill in utilizing computer equipment and Point of Sale (POS) systems.
* Ability to learn beverage service and bartend as needed.
* Ability to train house persons and banquet staff.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must have the ability to move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Physical stamina and proper attitude to work under pressure at a fast pace are essential.
Work is generally performed in the casino’s banquet areas, outside areas, and kitchen area with exposure to heat, cold, fumes and steam and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.