Audit Clerk (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Lead Audit Clerk, reviews and compares operational paperwork with reports from systems for Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Identifies, reports and reconciles discrepancies.
* Reconciles and processes the daily Audit.
* Prepares daily gaming and analysis reports.
* Audits and reconciles Cage data and reports any variances.
* Verifies and records revenue from gaming areas.
* Prepares discrepancies reports for audit exception reports.
* Secures and maintains financial original documents.
* Verifies revenue positing and paid-out documentation.
* Assists with external audits by supplying requested documentation.
* Reviews source documents for compliance to control standards and policies.
* Retrieves original paperwork, separates based on audits and reviews for accuracy.
* Assists with inventory counts.
* Assists with other audits as requested.
* Ensures strict confidentiality of financial records.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus two years experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Will be required to pass an Excel test and a math test. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures and financial systems.
* Knowledge of computer systems and reporting capabilities.
* Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
* Knowledge of auditing procedures.
* Knowledge of hard and soft counts.
* Knowledge of conducting and reconciling inventories.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
* Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements and other requests for payment.
* Ability to use automated accounting system.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems.
* Ability to count currency accurately.
* Ability to meet strict time lines.
* Skill in word processing and basic data entry.
* Skill in account balancing.
* Skill using 10-key.
* Skill using inventory and accounting software.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and be able to reach out and pick-up and hold small objects. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.