Assistant Slot Shift Manager (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under the direct supervision of the Slot Shift Manager, this position is responsible for the day-to-day slot operations on an assigned shift. Must be able to demonstrate leadership by example on a daily basis and actively promote enterprise events to our guests.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with all State and Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures tidiness and cleanliness of responsible areas, ensuring all chairs are pushed in.
* Ensures that team members work with security personnel and other casino staff as necessary.
* Ensures compliance with guest service policies.
* Ensures all evaluations for assigned team members are completed on time.
* Promotes positive guest relations, greets guests and creates a friendly atmosphere.
* Observes and recognizes irregularities, violations, or other discrepancies in casino personnel or guests and institutes appropriate action.
* Applies fair and consistent supervision and disciplinary practices.
* Investigates and resolves guest complaints.
* Responsible for the planning, creating and administering work schedules and assignments.
* Assists in the coordination and preparation of special slot machine functions.
* Issues appropriate disciplinary action according to TOGE departmental policies.
* Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all casino policies and procedures.
* Understands the various types of slot and video machines cheating methods and is able to recognize any potential attempts while monitoring assigned section.
* Prepares shift reports.
* Attends mandatory meetings as scheduled.
* Supervises and manages personnel, which includes work allocation, training and problem resolution.
* Motivates team members to achieve peak productivity and performance.
* Authorizes jackpots according to approved policies and completes required forms if necessary.
* Supervises and assists area as needed.
* Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all required departmental, TOGE, TOGO, and/or ADOG reports.
* Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
* Handles guest issues and complaints in a positive win, win fashion using all the resources available and using sound business practices in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required. Two (2) years of Slot experience required plus one (1) year of general leadership experience; or four (4) years of leadership experience at a supervisory level or above. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Must have knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of slot machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
* Must be able to use the slot machine management system for statistical game performance reporting, player tracking, and other system-generated reports on a daily basis.
* Must be able to analyze reports.
* Must have skills in professional management techniques; including human skills, technical skills and conceptual skills.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels both internally and externally.
* Must be able to interact effectively with Tribal, State and National Regulatory Officials.
* Must be able to delegate duties appropriately.
* Must be able to establish, administer and maintain staff training programs and records.
* Must be able to efficiently schedule, and utilize work force needs.
* Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Must be able to write routing reports and correspondence.
* Must be able to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
* Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
* Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out directions in written, oral or diagram form.
* Must have skills in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint), also an understanding of casino management systems.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Must be able to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may also be required; to include rotating shifts.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 10912