Assistant General Manager
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the General Manager provides assistance, support and special projects for the purpose of achieving financial, operational, and guest service expectations set forth for the property.
This list of responsibilities and duties is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Develops financial, operational, and guest service expectations, as well as operational plans to achieve them.
* Develops and implements capital, labor, and financial budgets and monitors ongoing adherence to them.
* Approves capital purchases and expenditures.
* Ensures property and departmental financial, operational, and guest service expectations and results are accurately and regularly communicated in a clear, concise, and complete manner.
* Facilitates regular and frequent interaction between property level managers to better achieve the financial, operational, and guest service expectations set for the property.
* Designs, prepares and disseminates monthly property and departmental reports and analyses necessary to achieve financial, operational, and guest service expectations.
* Provides all departments and team members with the leadership, management, staffing, training, and equipment necessary to meet the financial, operational, and guest service expectations set forth.
* Contributes to a team effort.
* Implements approved Internal Controls, Policies and Procedures, training manuals, and job descriptions including those created by multi-property directors; coordinates their implementation, and monitors their effectiveness.
* Implements approved security measures preventing cheating, theft, and embezzlement, including those created by multi-property directors; coordinates their implementation, and monitors their effectiveness.
* Implements approved formal employee training programs created by multi-property directors; coordinates their implementation, and monitors their effectiveness.
* Implements approved performance evaluation programs created by multi-property directors, ensuring they meet the property’s needs; coordinates their implementation and monitors their effectiveness.
* Implements approved special promotions and events created by multi-property directors; coordinates their implementation, monitors their effectiveness, and evaluates their results.
* Ensures physical plant, property, equipment, and human resources are protected, maintained, and utilized efficiently and effectively to maximize return on the casino owners’ investment.
* Creates and maintains a positive image of the property, operations, employees, and owners to all customers, local communities, and regulatory agencies.
* Establishes and maintains excellent guest service.
* Consistently and visibly role models the behavior and appearance desired of all property employees.
* Maintains current knowledge of industry standards, practices, trends, products, and regulatory requirements and issues of gaming operations and associated support functions.
* Establishes and maintains positive relationships with gaming industry consultants, vendors, trainers, and industry members to ensure adequate and timely access to a base of gaming operations knowledge.
* Performing other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years experience in the gaming industry, 3 of the 5 years must be directly related to gaming operations management; must have experience in the areas of Marketing, Hotel and Food and Beverage; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Must possess gaming analytical skills.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic math.
* Knowledge of problem solving techniques.
* Knowledge of procedures and casino floor operations.
* Knowledge of support functions and operations in the casino environment.
* Knowledge of facility maintenance.
* Knowledge of management techniques.
* Knowledge of security, surveillance and fraud detection techniques.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Ability to develop budgets and monitor expenses.
* Ability to supervise and train team members, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
* Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Ability to multi-task efficiently.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members and customers at all levels.
* Ability to work as a team member and foster a positive working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Skill in customer service, human relations and supervision of assigned staff.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.