Assistant Banquet Manager
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Banquet Manager, provides general supervision for banquets and events.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with other departments within the Casino.
- Ensures environment and service standards are in accordance with Casino food and beverage standards.
- Responsible for the set up of events according to event order.
- Responsible for quality control of items being served.
- Supervises Front of House F&B areas as needed.
- Trains staff members, organizes workloads and directs staff.
- Ensures the interior surroundings are safe, clean, and professional.
- Responsible for maintaining supplies and service ware.
- Creates schedules and directs staffing assignments according to functions.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all guests.
- Conducts performance evaluations on subordinates for purposes of job performance, counseling, and/or disciplinary action and other supervisory responsibilities.
- Works with the Food & Beverage Department to coordinate all functions.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus two years recent banquet or food service experience and one year of supervisory experience required. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card. Must be 19 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, tips certification, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Knowledge of all menu items including entrees, side dishes, beverages and desserts.
- Knowledge of POS systems.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with other staff and general public.
- Ability to service customers in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
- Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
- Ability to maintain excellent relationship with guests.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in interior meeting rooms, and kitchen areas with exposure to heat, cold, fumes and steam, and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, holidays and/or weekend work will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.