Administrative Assistant (Marketing)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Director of Casino Marketing, enhances effectiveness by performing a variety of administrative duties and tasks. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintains all team member files and records for department. Ensures all paperwork is filed accurately. Ensures proper paperwork is sent to Human Resources for any employee changes.
* Maintains attendance records for team members in department.
* Responsible for approval and entry of invoices for payment.
* Assists with Graphic designers, bids and outsourcing of some jobs. Point of contact for vendors.
* Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department, ensuring professional telephone etiquette.
* Screens incoming calls and correspondence; exercises judgment and responds accordingly.
* Records and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate.
* Welcomes visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel, maintaining professional and courteous demeanor.
* Prepares correspondence, reports, minutes, agendas, memos, forms, directories, and other documents and communications from computer systems, drafts, recordings, or verbal instruction as requested.
* Edits and reviews all correspondence and documents for correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
* Establishes and maintains an effective filing and retrieval system.
* Maintains and operates office machines, equipment, and computers. Performs or coordinates general maintenance and repair.
* Photocopies, collates, distributes, and files documents.
* Transmits outgoing faxes, and retrieves, logs, and distributes incoming faxes.
* Maintains inventory of supplies.
* May assist with special events.
* Receives, sorts, logs, and routes mail.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required plus two years as administrative assistant or secretarial experience; or qualifying 3 years equivalent combination of education and experience. Casino experience preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age or older. Must be able to type at least 35- 45 wpm and able to demonstrate basic math skills on a timed test. Must be experienced and pass a proficiency test in: Excel. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
* Ability to accurately enter information into computer systems.
* Ability to communicate, read and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.