Accounts Payable Clerk
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, responsible for day to day full cycle accounts payable transactions to ensure accurate and timely payment processing. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for accurate and timely entry of high-volume Accounts Payable invoices
* Prepares all invoices for payment; opens, date stamps, and distributes incoming mail
* Prioritizes invoices according to cash accounts Manages the Accounts Payable Email inbox
* Works cross-functionally with Purchasing, Receiving and other Departments of the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) to research and resolve all discrepancies
* Collaborates with all TOGE Departments to obtain timely information and required approvals
* Completes three-way match for all invoice processing and resolves exceptions Processes check requests, expense reports, per diem requests, and matches invoices to checks, and obtains all approvals for vouchers and checks, distributes checks accordingly, matches voucher and payment postings
* Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly vendor statements and resolves discrepancies
* Researches and responds to vendor inquiries in a timely manner
* Maintains vendor payment files
* Assists in the month-end closing to include accruals for unprocessed invoices
* Complete weekly Automated Clearing House (ACH) and check runs including off-cycle check runs
* Prepares and processes accounts payable by tracking due dates and scheduling payments by checks, ACH, and wire transfers by using electronic payment methods
* Assists with other duties and projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
Associates degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field plus one (1) year of accounts payable processing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; or two (2) years as an Accounts Payable Clerk Intern with the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE). Recent and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on timely and accurate processing of invoices
* Accounts Payable Clerk must have the knowledge of full cycle accounts payable processing and accounts payable financial systems
* Must be proficient in data entry using automated accounting systems; accounts payable principles; account balancing; purchase orders and related accounts payable documentation
* Skill in electronic accounts payable processing systems
* Ability to perform mathematical computations such as fractions, percentages, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
* Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Word processing.
* Ability to use a 10-key by touch
* Strong skills in time management and organization
* Ability to perform with a high degree of attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task and work independently as needed
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English
* Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements and other requests for payment; analyze and solve problems
* Ability to meet strict time lines and demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times
* Skill in operating standard office equipment such as computer terminals, personal computers, copy machines, scanners, fax machines and 10-key as most of the transactions are done electronically
* Ability to be honest and trustworthy; be respectful; possess cultural awareness and sensitivity; be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit for many hours; use hands to finger to keyboard, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and be able to reach out and pick-up and hold small objects. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may also be required.