Accounts Payable Clerk
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, performs clerical accounting work involving the preparation, processing, classification, checking, reconciliation and maintenance of financial documents for the purpose of reporting accounts and accounting data in a general or a subsidiary accounting system for Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE). Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Compiles and maintains vouchers, purchase orders and receivers for all payable systems.
* Investigates any questionable invoices and follows up with the vendors and/or departments. This includes working with vendors, service providers and departments to reconcile all documents.
* Prepares and process accounts payable by keeping track of due date schedule for payments by checks, wire transfers and/or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payments by using electronic payment methods.
* Prepares all invoices for payment; open, date stamp, distribute incoming mail; prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms; review vendor contract/agreements to verify accuracy of invoices, code, verifies and electronically enters accounts payable data.
* Process check request, match invoices to checks, and obtain all approvals for vouchers and checks, distribute checks accordingly, matching, voucher and payment posting.
* Responds to all vendor inquiries, reconciles vendor statements, researches and corrects discrepancies, assists and prepares for month end closing, accrues invoices, maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices and assists with other projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 2 years of accounts payable and/or general accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Accounts Payable Clerk must have the knowledge of general accounting procedures and financial systems, specifically those related to accounts payable billing and collection procedures.
* Must be proficient in data entry using automated accounting systems; cash management principles; account balancing; purchase orders and related accounts payable documentation.
* Perform calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages; working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Word processing. Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements and other requests for payment; analyze and solve problems.
* Provide vendors with the company’s Sales Tax Exemption Certificate and /or the Arizona Form 5000 when requested.
* Meet strict time lines and demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Operate standard office equipment such as computer terminals, personal computers, copy machines, scanners, fax machines and 10-key as most of the transactions are done electronically.
* Honest and trustworthy; be respectful possess cultural awareness and sensitivity; be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit for many hours; use hands to finger to keyboard, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and be able to reach out and pick-up and hold small objects. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.