Access Control Technician & Locksmith
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Access Control Manager, installs, troubleshoots repairs and maintains the Access Control System, Electronic Key System, Locking Devices, and any other hardware related to the same, for the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the protection of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise assets.
* Installs, adjusts, maintains and repairs a variety of medium and high security locking devices, including low voltage electric door hardware, Tubular Locks, hotel room locks and related hardware such as exit devices, exit alarms, door closers, door coordinators, hinges; plus cabinet and drawer locks, walk-in coolers, freezers, and refrigerator locks.
* Maintains an accurate physical inventory of all replacement parts
* Maintains highest level of confidentiality in regard to records, reports and investigations.
* Assists with investigations for lost keys, as needed.
* Operates locksmithing electrical machines to duplicate and cut keys to code.
* Impressions keys for locks that have no key available.
* Performs preventative maintenance on all locking devices and electronic systems.
* Creates and maintains Level 3 or higher Master Key Bitting Arrays.
* Repins locks according to existing and newly created Master Key Systems.
* Installs, maintains, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs networked access control system controllers, and related components. Performs scheduled back-up battery tests for all systems hardware under the responsibility of the Access Control Division.
* Configures and updates all Access Control Division related systems computer applications, Network Devices, and Firmware.
* Installs, maintains, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs electronic key systems, and related components.
* Changes mechanical and electronic safe combinations, and repairs or replaces safe combination locks, and doors, as required.
* Unlocks stuck safe bolts, and may be required to use safe penetration techniques when a safe cannot be opened by normal means.
* Installs and replaces safe deposit box locks including opening safe deposit box locks for which the key has been lost, and creates new keys to replace ones that have been damaged.
* Uses an engraving machine with accompanying computer application to create Metal Name Tags for Team Members, Metal Number Tags for Key Sets, Vinyl Signs and Placards for various areas, etc.
* Complies with departmental standard operating procedures and Team Member Handbook.
* Maintains good communication with team members and a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort as required.
* Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality in regards to Key Codes, Facility Codes, etc. in use within the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
* Ensures equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
* Ensures departmental daily records are maintained and accurate.
* Prepares and submits reports as required.
* Scheduled for Call-back 24/7 on an alternating weekly schedule.
* Performs outstanding internal/external guest service.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years of general locksmithing experience and 1 year of hard-wired electronic door access control system installation and repair experience, or any combination of 3 years of experience, with 1 year minimum in either of these two fields. 1 year of Electronic Key System installation, maintenance, and repair experience preferred. Must have a valid Arizona Driver’s License with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). No arrests in the past year except minor traffic violations. Must be 18 years of age or older. Locksmith Certification preferred. Must be comfortable working with many various computer applications. No felony, theft, assault or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Knowledge of basic electricity.
* Knowledge in the fundamentals of Access Control.
* Knowledge of safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices, and guest service skills in a casino environment.
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
* Knowledge of electrical wiring laws.
* Knowledge of combination safe and safe-deposit box opening techniques.
* Knowledge of inputs and outputs, in association with an Access Control System.
* Knowledge of normally open and normally closed applications.
* Knowledge of Business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge in Networked Access Control Systems.
* Knowledge in lock installations, troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance.
* Knowledge in medium to high security locks, such as Medeco & ASSA.
* Knowledge in identifying proper key blanks for all applications.
* Ability to use multiple computer applications related to Access Control, and all other aspects of the Division.
* Ability to adapt to new and upgraded computer applications pertaining to the Access Control Division.
* Ability to pull low voltage cabling through and along ceilings and under floors and drop cables to various locations.
* Ability to operate a scissor lift.
* Ability to read floor plans.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with Teammates at all levels.
* Ability to follow instructions in verbal and written format.
* Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with others.
* Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in all aspects of the job, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
* Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to use good judgment and foresight.
* Ability to obtain certification as an Access Control System Technician.
* Ability to obtain locksmith certification.
* Skill in retrofitting locks in all application types, and Access Control related hardware, to leave looking as if it was an original install.
* Skill in the use of computers and other office equipment such as printers, copiers, and fax machines.
* Skill in accurately organizing stock room(s) of replacement parts for all locking devices, Access Control System hardware, and Electronic Key System hardware.
* Skill in using alternate entry methods through various locking devices, when no key is available, and urgent lawful entry is required.
While performing the duties of this position, the Team Member is; regularly required to walk and stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The team member frequently is required to sit. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member often required to climb and/or stand on a ladder. The team member occasionally is required to smell. The team member will occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust, focus and decipher colors for proper and safe electrical wiring requirements and color coded documentation.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, and /or weekend, holiday work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required including 24/7 scheduled ‘call-back’ when necessary.